Audiqueen has been designed to be easily integrated into virtually any Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Hospital Information System (HIS), or similar software. The administrator of the EMR should only create a button or menu item to launch Audiqueen. This can be accomplished by adding a couple of lines of software code to the EMR. This is the simplest and most universal way of integrating with existing EMR software. It is readily available and guaranteed to be effective in most environments.
Open Audiqueen Administrator Tools. It is available from the Start Menu.
Press "EMR connection" to open the EMR configuration Screen.
Check "Audiqueen is linked to an Electronic Medical Record". This will prevent users from loading, creating and editing patients in Audiqueen, as this should be the responsibility of the EMR.
Ask the administrator of the EMR to create a button or menu-item in the EMR software. This button or menu-item should execute Audiqueen, passing some arguments (see below for detailed descriptions). The EMR Configuration screen generates the required command line automatically for testing purposes. Clicking Apply & Test launches Audiqueen using the command line on screen. Note that, by default, Audiqueen is configured to keep running, even after closing the main window. In this case these settings will not be detected by Audiqueen until Audiqueen is shutdown completely. To make sure your changes are applied, use the Exit button in Audiqueen's main application menu to force a shutdown.
- “Always require manual authentication” If true, users are always prompted for their password when an external application launches Audiqueen, even if it provides a valid User Name.
- “Prompt for linking to existing patient when external identifier does not exist” If true and Audiqueen is linked to an EMR and when the EMR passes a patient identifier which is not registered in Audiqueen, Audiqueen will give the option of linking the EMR patient to an existing Audiqueen patient, instead of creating a new patient automatically.
- “Allow linking to existing patient with non empty identifier” If true and 'PromptForLinkingToExistingPatientWhenExternalIDDoesNotExist' is true, then Audiqueen will allow that Audiqueen patients having an external ID already, are linked to the newly provided external ID. In such case the older external ID is overwritten. If 'PromptForLinkingToExistingPatientWhenExternalIDDoesNotExist' is false, the value of AllowLinkingToExistingPatientWithNonEmptyExternalID is not applicable and ignored.
- “Process the external Patient Visit ID supplied by the EMR” If true, Audiqueen expects a visit identifier after the patients arguments when launched by an external application
- “Allow changing patients from within Audiqueen when linked to an EMR” If false and Audiqueen is linked to an EMR, the user is not allowed to load a patient from within Audiqueen.
Context integration can be combined with LDAP integration and/or HL7 ADT Query integration.
You can find more information about Context integration in our Context Integration Manual, please contact Otoconsult if you are interested in this manual.