See also: Test Type Working Principles
Audiqueen offers a very elegant way to connect a document scanner and import documents into Audiqueen’s Custom Test Types. The typical test type would be Document, but any other test type can be configured to add documents from a scanning device (See How to create a new test for documents).
- Set up the document scanner: connect it to your computer, configure it using the proprietary software that comes with the scanner and make sure to set up a folder where scanned documents will be saved.
- Open the Format window of the custom test type (in this example Document)
Select Audiqueen Easy File Fetcher as measurement apparatus
- Click on Configure to enter the configuration window.
- Device name: here you may enter a name like ‘My Scanner’
- Fetch File: enter which file Audiqueen should seek. You can enter
- an exact filename (bullet: This file); in this case make sure your scanner always saves the scanned document with exactly this file name
- the most recent file (bullet: Most recent file); in this case, your scanner may save the scanned document with any name or extension, but you must make sure to immediately click the New Measurement button in Audiqueen after scanning the document to avoid a newer file to be saved (accidentally) in the same directory. This option should only be used if the scanner is physically connected to the Audiqueen PC and not shared with any other PC.
- Any file that meets certain criteria (bullet: All files); in this case, Audiqueen will look for any file that meets the criterion (like *.pdf for any pdf file).
- In folder: enter the destination folder where the scanner saves the scanned document
- Launch app: this is optional if you want Audiqueen not only to retrieve the scanned document after it is scanned but also to have Audiqueen open the proprietary application of the document scanner. In that case, you enter the full path and the application name here, for instance:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\PFU\ScanSnap\Driver\PfuSsMon.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\PFU\ScanSnap\Driver\ScanSnapLaunch.ini"
- After saving your settings, scan a document and click on the New Measurement button of the Document test type to see the scanned document appear in Audiqueen.
|This feature is not available in the web viewer. |
Audiqueen's web viewer displays the results entered in Audiqueen's Workstations.